Monday, June 20, 2011

These Scars

So… I have been away for quite awhile. I know I have neglected my blog. I could say it was life and my new job, and my business and family and so forth, and that would all be true. But why give reasons or excuses… I am back… as much as I can be

These Scars….

These scars tell a story.

These scars made me cry. They caused my baby pain.

These scars filled my heart and soul with fear.

These scars took my baby away from me for days at a time where he was in the hospital.

These scars saved his life and gave me mine.
These scars mean he is still with us.


















These scars are only superficial now and remind us how precious life is and how precious HE is.

These scars will grow smaller as he grows bigger… because of these scars.

These scars are here because they needed to be here… and now, now I am glad that my little man has them, because without them, he would not be 2+ now.  I would not be able to sing him to sleep almost every night.  I would not have the absolute joy that is in my heart and life that he has brought just by being my little “Porkchop”.   I thank God for these scars and for my son.

















*Open Heart Surgery
*Duedenal Atresia (Intestinal blockage)
*PICC lines (Directly into his arteries)
*G-Tube (Feeding tube in abdomen)
*Chest tube (to drain fluids after his open heart surgery)

15 comments:

  1. Oh, you sweet thing. I had my heart in my throat as I read and saw your pics. He's a strong one, your little guy.. and you're a VERY strong Momma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Caryn... he really is quite the little fighter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad to see you are back, but more importantly I am thrilled that your little man is doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being a mom makes you tougher than you want to be! Even healing scars break mom's hearts! Thank goodness you're on this side of the surgeries! He's a precious little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A sick baby is never easy. What you have been though is the mount Everest of sickness. New Follower. Found you from your follow on Twitter. Come have a laugh on me at http://realarmyofmoms.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet! I spent my first 5 yrs of life in the hosp. Open heart surgeries and what not.I am on my 7th pacemaker now. Its been one of my favorite parts of my body. I wouldn't be alive without them. The great thing about pain like that... is that when he is older, we wont remember the pain... The tough part about it, is that you will. Good luck and all my love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Proud of you and your little one. He's tougher than nails.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you One and all for your support and kind words... KNow that I will be checking each of your blogs out (when I am not working) and will be following you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So powerful.

    He is such a cute little boy. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just wanted to let you know that I'm hosting a blogfest. If you have time, I'd love it if you want to join.
    http://ecwrites.blogspot.com/2011/09/only-50-more-days-until-golden-sky.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a brave little boy, and a fighter too! That smile is precious. Big hugs to you both xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The scars make you stronger my dear..from one gifted mother to another !!!.. I have missed you. J.p

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't heard from you in forever. Was just thinking about you, wondering how you are. I hope all is well :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know it has been forever I have been away from my blog... and I have missed you all

    ReplyDelete