Saturday, February 19, 2011

Guest Blog Spot over at Special Happens.com

Well I just got an email today from Gina over at Special Happens and I am so excited. A few weeks ago Gina asked me if I could write a short blog post on having a child with Down syndrome. Maybe something about him...  or the challenges...

To say I was surprised is an understatement, as well as totally nervous. And this is going to sound silly I know, but I was kind of star struck. Ms. Gina St. Aubin is a blogger I follow. I follow a few bloggers. And I am in awe of every single one of them. They make blogging and telling a story seem so effortless. And Gina along with the others do it so exceptionally well. I am amazed and yes intimidated lol. Intimidated in that I want to be them when I grow up!! .!!

I really respect these Women and Men and the following they have. They don't have a following because their followers have nothing else better to do. They have followers because they capture you. They are smart, or funny and witty. They are sarcastic (snarky), and compassionate. Their blogs are honest and down to earth. They don't lie about themselves or their lives. I have read a couple of blogs that are just BS and lies, or are mean spirited. Those are not the kind of blogs that really have any followers. It's certainly not a blog I want to read, or respect.

Ms. Gina St. Aubin at Special Happens and those like her and that I follow (I'd like to think I have discerning tastes) are not like this. They can talk about themselves, or life, or even the projects and or products they are involved with, with out being mean spirited. They show happiness, love, disappointment, grief, anger, joy, frustrations, and so forth in a way that is honest. And we relate. I relate.

So back to MY exciting news... I will have my piece that I wrote featured on Ms. St. Aubins' blog this coming Monday February 21st, 2011 (Didn't want anyone missing that date ) at Special Happens. So make sure you check it out!! And check her blog in general, trust me it's worth it. And if you are on Twitter give Gina- @Special_Happens a follow and a shout! Show some love. 

 Here's the link:
Guest blog post - "You looking at me?"

Thank you....

Bobbie

5 comments:

  1. Bobbie,

    Congrats @ this opportunity!

    I'll be sure to check it out. A close friend of mine has a child with Down's...so I'll be curious to see how you write your guest post.

    Thanks to Our Mom Spot for directing me to this blog!

    Julie C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie C.,
    Thank you for checking out my blog and my posts. I am excited about my guest post At http://specialhappens.com/
    Hope you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobbie~ You make me blush...I'm not so deserving, but THANK YOU for such kind words. Even more so, thank you for taking the time to write about DS. It's so important that parents of children with special needs understand that we are all connected regardless of our children's diagnosis. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the guest blog post!!!! How exciting.

    That was a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Michelle. Yes it was exciting to be asked. Very cool. :)

    ReplyDelete